Recent posts

YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Isomers
Last post by uma - Today at 08:28:54 AM
Quote from: Avni on May 10, 2024, 10:51:51 PMI googled it, and the answer it gave was: Stereoisomers?

They have formulated the question merely for the sake of formulating it.
Cis and trans also falls in the category of stereoisomers. Stereoisomers are the molecules with same molecular formula ,same connectivity but different arrangement in space. There are two ways for assigning stereoisomers in alkene - one is cis -trans and other is E (trans) and Z (Cis).Cis and trans is only in the molecules in which the two of the groups are identical on doubly bonded carbon atoms. You will learn in detail about it in organic chemistry.
Here I am attaching an image in which they have different configuration as cis-trans but different as E and Z.cis -trans or E-Z configuration chemtopper.jpg   
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Solar Flares
Last post by uma - Today at 08:14:11 AM
Quote from: Aditi on May 11, 2024, 12:34:33 PMThank you, that was helpful. I have one question to clarify: So, radiations like UV and X-rays being sent to Earth? So that causes satellites and communication to be shut down, causing blackouts?
Solar activity will also present a threat to Earth by inducing significant geomagnetic storms capable of disrupting high-frequency radio communications and global positioning systems (GPS), potentially leading to internet outages or shutdowns. It can also interfere with the power grids and probably that's the reason for causing shutdown.
Representative elements are of s block and p block excluding transition metals and inner transition metals .Groups of representative elements are assigned as 1A (alkali metals ) 2A ....7A (halogens),8A (noble gases).
Hi, I have a question about this problem. What do you mean by group 1A,3A,5A, etc.? And what do you mean by representative elements?
oh ok, thank you
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Solar Flares
Last post by Aditi - May 11, 2024, 12:34:33 PM
Thank you, that was helpful. I have one question to clarify: So, radiations like UV and X-rays being sent to Earth? So that causes satellites and communication to be shut down, causing blackouts?
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Isomers
Last post by Avni - May 10, 2024, 10:56:26 PM
I don't understand that term...
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Caro's Acid
Last post by Avni - May 10, 2024, 10:55:50 PM
Ok, thank you!
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Stability
Last post by Avni - May 10, 2024, 10:55:23 PM
Ok, thank you!
YBTC chemistry for young children / Re: Liquids
Last post by Avni - May 10, 2024, 10:55:00 PM
Ok, thank you!